Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Basic Requirements for the Author Research Project
You will present a research paper on the author of your choice as approved by your teacher.
- You may work with a partner if you choose.
- The paper will be 3-5 pages in length (not including title page and works cited).
- An outline must be developed and turned in for a grade (see timeline).
- A rough draft must be developed and turned in for a grade (see timeline).
- A works cited page (MLA format) must be documented and turned in with the rough draft.
- Remember that you must have at least three resources including at least one print resource.
- Essays should follow the standard expectations of style:
- 12 point standard-type font (Times New Roman, Arial, Courier, etc.) and double-spaced
- 1 inch margins
- Black ink
- Title page with author and student’s name/students’ names, date, and period number